While we sit and work for long hours doing computer jobs making money, comfort is the prime factor we shouldn’t compromise on. Often people complain of the rigid chairs giving rise to acute back and shoulder pains due to bad posture and exerted pressure on the spine and hips. If you are also a chair-bound worker, it is high time you recognise the challenge and get a suitable computer chair cushion to prevent damage and pain.
Which Cushion Should You Get?
Working with computers or laptops, you need to be erectly seated in the chair in a rigid potion. The manufacturers of cushions have come up with designed and specific products that serve different purposes.
The available cushions are:
- Seat Cushions: Sturdy seats of fibre chairs or hard foam can cause undue pressure on the hips and butt, which might damage the torso’s posture. The tough base can give rise to shooting pain in the spinal cord leading to postural deformities and backaches. Seat cushions are mostly found in doughnut shapes easily placed to sit atop. They provide aligned body support and vary the pressure generated.
- Back Rests: Chairs not having back foam are a nightmare to work in for long hours. The upright position often needs a spine length support to relax the muscles. The portable back cushions covering from neck to butt for the entire spine length are available with adjustable dimensions. More interestingly, they are detachable and can be used in multiple places as dining chairs or even car seats. They ensure to provide pillowy support to ease the shoulder muscles.
- Combo Designs: The best designs are computer chair cushion combos consisting of butt and back pillows together. They are designed to align the entire body and fit every chair perfectly. The pieces are individually detachable, yet many have a zipper or velcro system to keep them joined. Simple plastic chairs, wooden chairs or ergonomic computer revolving chairs, the cushions are suitable for all.
What Should Be The Specifications?
While you choose among the type of cushions based on your need, you should be careful about their make and maintenance.
- Material: You should consider the filling material keenly to avoid uninvited muscular problems. Lately, the manufacturers are using memory foam that shapes according to the pressure applied, providing aligned support. The filling shouldn’t be sturdy itself, nor it should shrink low to leave you in a slouching position.
- Maintenance:The cushions are better to choose if they have external covers to remove and wash. It avoids the unwanted waterlogging of the foamy substance, thus reducing the risk of material damage. The synthetic velvet or rayon covers should be easy to remove and wash.
- Durability: The best Seat Cushions you can trust material shouldn’t absorb moisture and sweat as it may lead to the hardening of the substance and make it rigid. You should also lookout for the washing instructions to avoid mistaken damage to the product.
The new era can’t escape the obligation to stick to chairs. But we can ensure a better time and avoid the pitfalls of sitting tight with the best cushions available to help us concentrate on our work comfortably.